Manual Therapy Relieves Pain So You Can Enjoy Life
Many people are frustrated by pain stopping them from enjoying life. At BSR, we help people eliminate pain by combining manual therapy and individualized exercise. After completing physical therapy, you will move without pain and be back to enjoying life.
What is Manual Therapy?
- Manual therapy is a specialized form of physical therapy delivered by the hands of your therapist. There is no need for machines or external devices.
- Physical therapists use clinical reasoning and their hands to apply pressure on muscle tissue and manipulate joints. This restores movement and decreases pain caused by muscle spasms, muscle tension, and joint dysfunction.
- Mobilization and manipulation consist of movements of joints and muscles. Other hands-on procedures include massage, stretching, and trigger point therapy. All of these treatments are pain-free.
- During your treatment, therapeutic touch is applied in a skilled fashion. This calms or facilitates your body’s nervous system.
- Often, you experience an immediate decrease in pain, improved muscle function, and improved mobility.
Patients with a variety of conditions benefit from this form of skilled therapy. In fact, there is high-quality research that supports the use of hands-on treatment and exercise for the following conditions:
- Low Back Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Neck Pain
- Certain Types of Headaches
- Shoulder Pain
- Ankle Sprains
- Hip and Knee Arthritis
- Elbow Pain
- And Many Others
At BSR, we specialize in manual physical therapy. Our physical therapists are either board certified or working towards board certification. We also have Fellows of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy with more advanced training & specialized skills.
Take the Next Step
We know how hard it is to live with pain. Pills, shots, and surgery is not always the answer. Choose a safer and more holistic approach to pain relief.
The physical therapists at BSR want to guide you back to moving without pain and enjoying life.
Contact one of our offices to schedule your appointment today!