History of BSR Physical Therapy
In 2007 BSR Physical Therapy opened its first clinic in Barnegat, NJ. BSR set out to create a unique experience for patients suffering from musculoskeletal pain, weakness, and limited mobility. To better meet the needs of the Southern Ocean County community, in 2012 BSR opened their second clinic in Manahawkin, NJ. The physical therapists at BSR are clinical experts with doctorate degrees.¬† They also hold board certification in orthopedics and have undergone advanced residency and fellowship training.
Physical therapy had a big impact on the life of the practice's owner, Dr. Ernie Gamble.¬† Ernie was born with scoliosis.¬† This is a curvature of the spine.¬† Ernie wore a bulky back brace from the age of 2 to 15.¬† Several times, his doctors recommended surgery.¬† However, through an active and healthy lifestyle, he is completely pain-free without ever having surgery.¬† At a young age, playing sports and receiving physical therapy treatment was the foundation of his success.¬† Now, he and the rest of the team at BSR are committed to helping you move without pain.
Philosophy of BSR Physical Therapy
Many who access the services of a physical therapist become frustrated with a lack of personal attention.¬† Others are forced to work with multiple therapists or perform the same exercise program with no clear goal in sight. ¬†BSR Physical Therapy believes you can best achieve your goals through a partnership with one physical therapist.
During each session at BSR, your physical therapist will address your concerns, evaluate your progress, and advance your treatment plan based on your goals. Your goal might be pitching your best for the next baseball game. Or it might be walking through the amusement park with your grandchild.¬† Your physical therapist will teach you about your problem and show you how to best manage it.
We work collaboratively with athletes of various sports to facilitate a safe return to sport and improvement in performance. Athletes who routinely seek out the expertise of our physical therapists include those involved in baseball, softball, basketball, cross-fit, track and field, running, volleyball, soccer, wrestling, gymnastics, cheerleading, dance, golf, football, hockey, lacrosse, tennis, swimming, surfing, and other water sports.¬†¬†BSR physical therapy also helps many people with balance disorders, dizziness, and vertigo.¬† Call us today to discuss your individual needs and we will direct you to the right physical therapist.
What to Expect At BSR Physical Therapy
- You will be examined & managed by the same physical therapist during your course of treatment.
- Your physical therapist will evaluate your progress during every treatment session.
- Treatments will be progressed at every session.
- Your physical therapist will provide you with the tools and knowledge to achieve your goals. Whether or not you ultimately achieve your goals is primarily up to you.
- You will be an active participant in your recovery. Success will require your commitment and often times a willingness to change behaviors in order to optimize your health.
3 Additional Keys to Success
- Please schedule your appointments in advance so you can reserve your preferred treatment times with your physical therapist. Adherence to the treatment plan is very important.
- Open communication between you and your physical therapist is crucial. Every detail about your problem is important and helps you & your physical therapist best manage your condition.
- Please wear comfortable loose-fitting clothes which allow you to freely move and exercise. It is helpful to wear (or bring and change into) shorts, t-shirts, sports bras, sneakers, etc so your physical therapist can effectively examine and treat your affected area.
To help the Southern Ocean County community move without pain.
Our Core Values
- Focus on Results
- Lifelong Learning
We know how frustrating it can be when pain stops you from living your life. You deserve to freely move within your home, community, or sport without pain.¬† Since 2007 the doctors of physical therapy at BSR have helped thousands of people in Southern Ocean County.¬† Call us today. Schedule your initial evaluation with a physical therapist.¬† Your physical therapist will listen to your concerns, teach you how to move, keep you on track, and progress your treatment until you achieve your goals.¬† Don't let your pain stop you anymore. After completing physical therapy you will have control over your pain and be back to living the life you want and deserve.