History of BSR Physical Therapy
In 2007 BSR Physical Therapy opened their first clinic in Barnegat, NJ. BSR set out to create a unique experience for patients suffering from musculoskeletal pain, weakness, or limited mobility. To better meet the needs of the Southern Ocean County community, in 2012 BSR Physical Therapy opened their second clinic in Manahawkin, NJ.¬† In 2018, the West Creek physical therapy clinic opened inside Trident Fitness and Sports.¬† The physical therapists at BSR are clinical experts with doctorate degrees, board certification in orthopedics, and possess advanced residency and fellowship training.
Philosophy of BSR Physical Therapy
Many who access the services of a physical therapist become frustrated with a lack of personal attention.¬† Others are forced to work with multiple therapists or perform the same exercise program with no clear goal in sight. ¬†BSR Physical Therapy believes patients can best achieve their goals through a partnership with one physical therapist.
During each session at BSR, your physical therapist will address all your concerns, evaluate your progress, and advance your treatment plan based on your goals. Your goal might be pitching your best for the next baseball game. Or it might be walking through the amusement park with your grandchild.¬† Your physical therapist will teach you about your problem and show you how to manage it without medication, injections, or surgery. BSR will target treatments towards optimizing your movement, strength, and resilience so your results are long-term.
Physical therapists at BSR are doctors of physical therapy with specialized training in orthopedics, manual physical therapy, and sports physical therapy.¬† Other special interests including rehabilitating injured dancers and baseball players.¬† The physical therapists at BSR work collaboratively with athletes of various sports to facilitate a safe return to sport and improvement in performance. Athletes who routinely seek out the expertise of our physical therapists include those involved in baseball, softball, basketball, cross-fit, track and field, running, volleyball, soccer, wrestling, gymnastics, cheerleading, dance, golf, football, hockey, lacrosse, tennis, swimming, surfing, and other water sports.
BSR physical therapy also regularly manages those with balance disorders, dizziness, and vertigo.¬† Call us today to discuss your individual needs and we will direct you to the right physical therapist.
What to Expect At BSR Physical Therapy
- You will be examined & managed by the same physical therapist during your course of treatment.
- Your physical therapist will evaluate your progress during every treatment session.
- Treatments will be progressed at every session.
- Your physical therapist will provide you with the tools and knowledge to achieve your goals. Whether or not you ultimately achieve your goals is primarily up to you.
- You will be an active participant in your recovery. Success will require your commitment and often times a willingness to change behaviors in order to optimize your health.
3 Additional Keys to Success
- Please schedule your appointments in advance so you can reserve your preferred treatment times with your physical therapist. Adherence to the treatment plan is very important.
- Open communication between you and your physical therapist is crucial. Every detail about your problem is important and helps you & your physical therapist best manage your condition.
- Please wear comfortable loose fitting clothes which allow you to freely move and exercise. It is helpful to wear (or bring and change into) shorts, t-shirts, sports bras, sneakers, etc so your physical therapist can effectively examine and treat your affected area.
To transform lives by enhancing strength, optimizing movement, and building resilience so results are long-term.
To create unparalleled customer experiences and value consistent with the highest standards of the profession of physical therapy.
- Focus on Results
- Lifelong Learning
We will teach you how to move pain-free without medication, injections, or surgery.¬† How do we do this?¬† We listen to your concerns and perform a detailed physical examination to uncover the cause of your problem.¬† We will teach you about your problem and show you how to self-manage without medication, injections, or surgery.¬† The tools we use to achieve these goals are education, coaching, and active exercise.