History & Philosophy of BSR Physical Therapy
In 2007 BSR Physical Therapy opened their first clinic in Barnegat. Practice owner, Ernie Gamble, set out to create a unique experience for patients suffering from musculoskeletal pain, weakness, or limited mobility. To better meet the needs of the Southern Ocean County community, in 2012 BSR Physical Therapy opened their second clinic in Manahawkin. The physical therapists at BSR are clinical experts with doctorate degrees, board certification in orthopedics, and advanced residency and fellowship training.
Many who access the services of a physical therapist become frustrated with a lack of personal attention, working with multiple physical therapists, or by performing the same exercise program session after session with no progress or clear goal in sight. BSR Physical Therapy believes patients can best achieve their goals through a partnership with one physical therapist. During each session at BSR, your physical therapist will address all your concerns, evaluate your progress, and advance your treatment plan based on your goals. Your goal might be pitching your best for the next baseball game. Or your goal might be walking through the amusement park with your grandchild. At BSR, your physical therapist will educate you about your condition and show you how to manage without drugs, injections, or surgery. BSR will target treatments towards enhancing strength, optimizing movement, and building resilience so your results are long-term.
What to Expect At BSR Physical Therapy
- You will be examined & managed by the same physical therapist during your course of treatment.
- Your physical therapist will evaluate your progress at every treatment session.
- Treatments will be progressed at every session.
- Your physical therapist will provide you with the tools and knowledge to achieve your goals. Whether or not you ultimately achieve your goals is primarily up to you.
- You will be an active participant in your recovery. Success will require your commitment and often times a willingness to change behaviors in order to optimize health.
3 Additional Keys to Success
- Please schedule your appointments in advance so you can reserve your preferred treatment times with your physical therapist. Adherence to the treatment plan is very important!
- Open communication between you and your physical therapist is crucial! Every detail about your problem is important and helps you & your physical therapist best manage your condition.
- Please wear comfortable loose fitting clothes which allow you to freely move and exercise. It is helpful to wear (or bring and change into) shorts, t-shirts, sports bras, sneakers, etc so your physical therapist can effectively examine and treat your affected area.
To create unparalleled customer experiences and value consistent with the highest standards of the profession of physical therapy.
- Focus on Results
- Lifelong Learning
We teach people how to move pain-free without drugs, injections, or surgery. How do we do this? We listen to the concerns of our patients/clients and we perform a comprehensive physical examination to uncover the cause of their pain and/or movement disorder. We educate our patients/clients about their condition and teach them how they can self-manage without drugs, injections, or surgery. The tools we use to achieve these goals are education, coaching, and active exercise.