History, Philosophy, & What to Expect
In 2007 BSR Physical Therapy opened their first clinic in Barnegat. Practice owner, Ernie Gamble, set out to create a unique experience for patients suffering from musculoskeletal pain, weakness, or limited functional mobility. To better meet the needs of the Southern Ocean County community, in 2012 BSR Physical Therapy opened their second clinic in Manahawkin. The physical therapists at BSR are clinical experts with doctorate degrees, board certification in orthopedics, and advanced residency and fellowship training.
Many individuals accessing physical therapy become frustrated from a lack of personal attention by their physical therapist, working with multiple physical therapists over many treatment sessions, working with unlicensed personnel, and by performing the same exercise program visit after visit with no clear goal in sight. BSR Physical Therapy believes patient’s best achieve their goals through partnership with one physical therapist over the course of treatment. During every treatment session at BSR your physical therapist will address all your concerns, evaluate your progress, and advance your treatment plan according to your goals. At BSR, your physical therapist will provide you with education about your condition; and show you how to manage without drugs or other potentially harmful treatments.
What to Expect At BSR Physical Therapy:
- You will be examined & managed by the same physical therapist during your course of treatment.
- Your physical therapist will evaluate your progress at every treatment session.
- Your physical therapist will progress your treatment plan at every treatment session.
- Your physical therapist will provide you with the tools and knowledge to achieve your goals. Whether or not you ultimately achieve your goals is primarily up to you.
- You will be an active participant in your recovery. Success will require your commitment and often times a willingness to change behaviors in order to optimize health.
Three Additional Keys to Your Success:
- Please schedule your appointments in advance so you can reserve your preferred treatment times with your physical therapist. Adherence to the treatment plan is very important!
- Open communication between you and your physical therapist is crucial! Every detail about your problem is important and helps you & your physical therapist best manage your condition.
- Please wear comfortable loose fitting clothes which allow you to freely move and exercise. It is helpful to wear (or bring and change into) shorts, t-shirts, sports bras, sneakers, etc so your physical therapist can effectively examine and treat your affected area.
To create unparalleled customer experiences and value consistent with the highest standards of the profession of physical therapy.
Excellence in Service
Focus on Results
BSR Physical Therapy believes patient’s best achieve their goals through partnership with one physical therapist over the course of treatment. During every treatment session at BSR your physical therapist will address all your concerns, evaluate your progress, and advance your treatment plan according to your goals.